Here’s what the DBE team wants to share with you while we recover from our Halloween cookie decorating contest yesterday:
- Audience targeting is a great way to reach your prospective customers and stop wasting ad spend on users who won’t convert. Here are 8 audience targeting strategies from WordStream that work.
- As Seen on… TikTok? Get ready to see this phrase more often. Stores and brands, like It’Sugar, have already been hopping on the trend. The #TikTokMadeMeBuyIt hashtag has taken the platform by storm. It leaves the question… what has TikTok made you buy?
- Clubhouse is experimenting with a new feature called Music Mode which can change the way we listen to live music. Come on, you knew Clubhouse was still kicking…
- Think with Google interviewed 7 agency leaders and used their inputs to develop a “Route to Ready” that includes 6 “Waypoints” for brands to evolve and future-proof (as much as possible) their digital transformation.
- If you are geo-targeting Gen Z’s as part of your digital media strategy, this data from eMarketer on their holiday season travel plans may lead you to rethink your tactics: 59% of Gen Z’s intend to be travelling. 45% of Millennials and GenXers will also be on the move….
- This MarTech “Why cross-channel customer journey orchestration is important” article includes a great graphic showing various digital touchpoints that can intertwine along the customer lifecycle. It might be a good idea to keep it in your hip pocket for presentations. P.S. the article also includes tips on how to do your own journey orchestration.
Do Good Spotlight on: ProPublica
ProPublica is an independent, nonprofit newsroom that produces investigative journalism with moral force. They dig into important issues, shining a light on abuses of power and betrayals of public trust — and they stick with those issues through to resolution, to hold people accountable for their actions.
With a team of more than 100 dedicated journalists, ProPublica covers a range of topics including government and politics, business, criminal justice, the environment, education, health care, immigration, and technology. They focus on stories with the potential to real change. We donated this week and here’s where you can learn more and consider donating too.
That’s it for this week’s issue. I hope the rest of your week is great–and Happy Halloween!