I’m not sure we have a theme with this week’s What’s Hot Wednesday for Digital Marketers, but we sure have an impressive array of stories from our team to share with you! And please read through to the Do Good Spotlight on the Central NJ chapter of top-rated charity Ronald McDonald House.
- Happy Birthday, Wikipedia! This massive resource turns 20 this year. Is it on its way out or shining the way to a better future? Here’s an article that posits just that. Let us know which way you think Wikipedia is going.
- Curious about Clubhouse? It’s a new voice-only social media service. @MauraBrandology does a great job explaining what it is and who it’s for, so take a look at her sharp summary here.
- With most of the focus on the Search Network, the Display Network is often an afterthought for many marketers. However, over the last few years, Google has enhanced the capabilities of display, including more precise targeting, dynamic creative and expanded reach.Display is now an essential tool in implementing full-funnel marketing strategies. In this article, Margot Whitney of WordStream shares some great tips to help master the nuances of the Google Display Network.
- Think with Google presents “5 consumer truths to get your marketing ready for 2021″ based on their review of billions of search queries from 2020. Here’s the list.
- Are you familiar with LinkedIn’s B2B Institute think tank? Here’s a link to the insights from their recent study called “Work in BETA: The Rising B2B Decision Makers.” BETA is an acronym for Blurred Bounders; Evolving; Tech Native; Activist. In their words, “the first cohort of digital natives to assume positions of seniority in business.” Bonus link to their one-sheeter recommendations for working with BETAs. And DBE sidebar: we think this applies to all marketers, not just those focused on B2B. What do you think?
- Yelp introduces a new feature “Health & Safety Measures.” It’s a short read but begs the question: will this rating system find its way into other venues? Airlines, we’re looking at you!
- In a November 2020 survey by Ascend2 of all emerging technologies in 2021, 43% of marketers claimed that real-time marketing would have the most impact. Discover what else marketers are focusing on in 2021.
- Here’s more on Apple’s IDFA changes…Social Media Today is saying Facebook and Instagram will be most impacted and that’s why they’re working so hard to ensure the public understands what’s coming.
Do Good Spotlight: Ronald McDonald House of Central NJ
Dr. Adam Naddelman of DBE client Princeton Nassau Pediatrics is now on the board of Ronald McDonald House of Central NJ. If you’re not familiar with the work of Ronald McDonald House, let us share they are a top-rated charity that supports families going through the nightmare of having a hospitalized child. The Central NJ group is expanding their house in New Brunswick and we are more than happy to lend our support with a donation we made this week. Here’s where you can learn more and donate too.
The DBE team and I hope the rest of the week goes smoothly and that you all stay safe as we continue to move through troubling times to better times ahead for all.