It’s a busy time of year, I hope you’re managing through it all with flying colors!
Let’s jump right into this week’s What’s Hot Wednesday for Digital Marketers with stories the DBE team wants you to see:
- Search Engine Watch has compiled a list of 2021 Google updates with a summary of potential impact they had on SEO. The good news is that if you follow white-hat SEO best practices (as you know DBE does) these updates likely had little impact on your rankings. You’ll see the YMYL acronym in the story. This stands for “Your Money or Your Life” and, while catchy as a phrase, it refers to any web page including content that can affect someone’s health, happiness, safety, or financial stability. Also, don’t miss the “9 Page Title Rewrites” section that explains how Google is starting to make minor changes to title tags. Again, if you are following best practices with other tagging elements like H1s, this shouldn’t put a damper on your SEO success.
- Think non-ecommerce retail sales are going to continue to rebound in 2022? Think again. eMarketer’s projections for 2022 and beyond show “brick-and-mortar sales will lapse back into stagnation after a strong 2021.” The “e” in “ecommerce” is here to stay.
- Over the next few weeks, Google Ads will be rolling out new metrics and custom columns in the user interface. This will give marketers even more flexibility to customize reporting views and compare metrics that are unique to advertisers. Some of the new features include spreadsheet functions, calculating and comparing metrics across date ranges, and more.
- Caw! Caw! If you’re a proud shopper of Aldi’s “aisle of shame” and/or a member of its Facebook Page, you would have Cawed back. Either way, here’s a fun read about the aisle behind the cawing.
- Here’s an update to a previous article about Bing Ads having new purpose business attributes with additional information here.
You know about phishing, but do you know how to avoid smishing?
Do Good Spotlight: The American Red Cross
To support the victims of last week’s deadly tornados DBE donated to the American Red Cross. Though we made a cash donation, we learned that blood supplies are dangerously low, and the not-for-profit has teamed with Amazon to increase the blood supply. Donors who give blood by 12/16/21 can earn a $10 gift certificate from Amazon, do in this giving season, please consider helping in this way too. Thanks!
Oh, and by the way…It’s our 20th anniversary this coming Monday, December 20. Thank you to all our clients and talent teams over the years who contributed to making DBE the top-tier boutique solution we are today. Going into Year 21, we’re celebrating our successes and looking forward to years of bringing the best results to clients making the world a better place through the talents of our amazing—and growing—team. Thanks to you all!
That’s it for this week. Here’s to keeping your focus! Let’s make it a smooth slide through the rest of 2021!