March is keeping us guessing with 40-degree temp swings and snow tantrums, but spring is making progress and we’ll be outdoors regularly in no time. So for now, here’s this week’s digital marketing news to enjoy with a hot or cold beverage of your choice, depending on the weather when you’re reading this:
- Last week’s issue included the announcement from Google about sunsetting its Universal Analytics (UA) platform in favor of Google Analytics 4. MarTech is asking marketers how they plan to deal with this significant event in this article/poll. You can use it to gauge how your marketing peers are approaching the switch to GA4 or something else.
- Search Engine Land steps out of search with this article: “Marketing Leadership: 4 Lessons Learned from Military Service.” Lessons include the differentiation between leadership and management, the concept of servant leadership, and the importance of deliberate communication. It’s worth the quick read regardless of your role.
Do Good Spotlight on: St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital
We can’t say enough good things about this week’s spotlight organization, St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital. The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of their founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family’s ability to pay. As they say on the website, “Thanks to you, families never receive a bill from St. Jude.” We love that and made a donation. Here’s where you can learn more.
- Oh this is in-ter-esting…Google is rolling out search responses that are very visual, as in new grid image layout and more. Not just for mobile, they’re testing this on desktops too. Check it out and stay tuned…
- First, what are Google’s “Visual Stories”? Visual Stories are a feature on Google’s mobile search results that includes a collection of algorithm selected Web Stories. Okay, so now Google is displaying those Web Stories more prominently in mobile results. More best practices changes for great SEO. Let’s discuss…
- Are you a master Googler when it comes to researching products? Well, Google has made researching a liiiiitle bit easier for their shopping ad users. Google is highlighting product reviews that provide the most insight. Something to keeping mind for SEO.
Okay, it’s time to move onto other things, so go ahead, finish up that tasty beverage and let us know if you want to chat about anything we shared. In the meantime, have a great rest of the week and don’t get too crazy on April Fools Day this Friday. And if you do go a bit wild, share the madness, we all could use a laugh. ?