I hope you’re enjoying April and the promise of warmer weather. Here are a few items that I want to share to help fuel your business leader engine:
- Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) have entered the mainstream, and here are the numbers to prove it.
- Great article in Entrepreneur Magazine (April 2022 issue) about energy, woo woo science, and running a business. If your initial reaction was to wrinkle your nose and keep skimming this issue, it may be that the article is more for you than you think. Open minded readers check it out here. (Paywall, but if you Google “Entrepreneur Magazine woo woo Kate Norton” you may get to read this great article for free.)
- Are you “too” nice? New thoughts from experts on being kind but not too nice.
- We’re big Nancy Duarte fans here at DBE so when we saw her take on taking a fresh look at DEI in her own organization, we couldn’t wait to see what she shared. We were not disappointed. Check out what the queen of visualizing information wrote for Forbes.
Do Good Spotlight on: Charity Water
With 771 million people lacking basic access to clean and safe drinking water, Charity Water is on a mission. They believe sustainable work is locally led. Along with implementing community-owned water projects, they work with local partners to help facilitate comprehensive water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) programs to protect everyone’s long-term health. We’ve been supporting them for years and thought it was time for another shout out–and donation. Here’s where you can learn more about this truly top-notch not for profit.
- Is where you live contributing to your stress level? How about your direct reports? Here are the 50 US states, ranked by stressors.
- What’s the #1 way to stave off dementia? I had saved the stats for you and when I looked for the link to share, I realized it was from a wonderful article called “50 Top Health Questions Answered.” It’s great preventative info for people of all ages, so don’t let the fact that it’s from AARP throw you off. And what’s the number #1 way to keep dementia at bay? 10:00 bedtime—read the article for the whole 411.
Okay, that’s it for this week. Here’s to smooth sailing for the rest of the week and an awesome weekend!