The DBE team has lots of great info to share with our digital marketing colleagues, so let’s dive right in with this week’s shares:
- Did you see this Wall Street Journal story on the cost of returned items? Interesting points to consider, do they apply to smaller retailers too? Will they in the future?
- Are social networks becoming more alike or more dissimilar? According to this from eMarketer, it’s the latter, and they have a nifty chart that helps make their point.
- The world of digital marketing is rapidly changing, with artificial Intelligence and smart technology changing the way we advertise and do business. While we tend to focus on search and social marketing disruptors here, we thought you’d want to spend some time with this Forbes piece from late 2019 on blockchain technology we came across this week. Block chain may be the most disruptive technology yet to hit the digital marketing space.
- New year, new tips from Moz for SEO in 2021. Interesting video/article by Cyrus Sherard at Moz about Google SEO tips for the new year.
- The LGBTQ+ community accounts for approximately 4.5% of the US population but 8% of the United States’ disposable income, and many brands “miss the mark” when interacting with the community. Learn more about how representation, inclusivity, and support play major roles in brand engagement from this community.
- B2B, we’re looking at you! “B2B marketers will become growth drivers and will own the all-important digital journey” in 2021according to this piece from MarTech Today. It includes discussion on the trend towards ABM (Account-Based Marketing) as well as a predication on how marketers will be “co-piloting” sales with the sales team. We’ve heard a lot of this before, but kinda’ feels like the time is right for those silos to come tumbling down.
- Fill in the blanks: All _(k’s)___ are __(m’s)___; but not all __(m’s)___ are ___(k’s)___. Hint: we’re talking analytics here. Maybe this will help: k’s are strategic, m’s are tactical. This article from Search Engine Land breaks down the difference between (K)PI’s and (m)etrics and provides guidance on how best to set your KPIs for gauging success and making actionable decisions for improving your business moving forward.
- Finally, and reinforcing some of the previous articles, here are “eight ways to align your customer acquisition strategy in 2021” from Search Engine Watch.
Do Good Spotlight: World Center Kitchen (aka WCK)
We heard about this organization via our good friend, Jim Siegel. World Central Kitchen (WCK) is working across America to safely distribute individually packaged, fresh meals in communities that need support – for children and families to pick up and take home, as well as delivery to seniors who cannot venture outside. To date, WCK has provided over 35 million meals in more than 400 cities.
Traditional safety nets like school feeding programs, city services, and food banks are struggling to meet basic needs. Seniors, who are isolated for their safety, are unable to access meal services. Meanwhile, the country’s hospital workers are more stretched than ever before.
WCK is also partnering with restaurants to help meet this demand by providing jobs for their staff and meals for those in need. #ChefsForAmerica is making a key connection between people who need meals and restaurant workers and drivers who need to earn a living.
We love the beauty of the mission and the local-focus of WCK and donated to them this week. Here’s where you can learn more and, if you’re so inclined, donate too.
We hope the rest of your week is productive and that you enjoy the upcoming weekend. Let us know if you want to talk about any of our shares this week or anything else on your marketing mind.