Well, hi there!
How’s this week going?
This week’s What’s Hot Wednesday for Digital Marketers is chock full of interesting stories surfaced by—and talked about—by our team members. I hope you find them as interesting as we did, and if you want to talk about any of this, just reach out.
Here we go:
- I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was invited to be a founding member of a new organization supporting women in the PPC field, Women in PPC. This week I’m sharing their interview with me.
- Customer Match in Google ads allows advertisers to use first-party data to engage with their customers across Search, Shopping, Video, and Display. With the recent iOS 14 updates, first-party data has become more important than ever, and Google is enhancing their Customer Match features to help businesses reach more of their customers and improve performance. Some of these features include real-time updates to match rate and recommendations for keeping Customer Match lists up to date.
- “Diagnosing a Traffic Drop? Just Breathe!” from Search Engine Watch has good tips on leveraging Google Analytics and Google Search Console to help determine why organic search traffic to your website may be down. Breathe in and remember SEO is a journey and you need to be looking at long-term trends to avoid knee-jerk mistakes. Now breathe out…and check out the story.
- Bing, the oft-forgotten search engine, reported ad earnings were up 17% vs. 1st Quarter 2020. While that’s only half of Google Ads reported 32% growth, it demonstrates that Bing “is not dead yet” and worth consideration if you are looking to expand your reach to new audiences. (At DBE, we’ve observed clients with technical products and clients with audiences that skew heavily male often see good benefits when we integrate Bing Ads into the mix).
- The transition from the Attention Economy to a Creator Economy is the difference between speaking at and engaging with your audience, according to Forbes. As a combination of the gig economy and the creative industry, this new paradigm shift is something to read about!
- Facebook’s Q1 2021 earnings nearly doubled compared to the first quarter of 2020, and ad revenue was up 146% for the same period, while daily active users only increased 8%. What happened? A lot. You’ll appreciate this Search Engine Land story that digs through the details to summarize context for the wins.
Do Good Spotlight: Hollaback
We heard about Hollaback when someone talked about it on Facebook. Have you ever been a front-line witness to harassment and didn’t know what to do to stop it? This organization helps people who want to step in when it’s appropriate to do so with awareness and confidence. In their own words, “Hollaback is a global, people-powered movement to end harassment — in all its forms. We believe that we all deserve to be who we are, wherever we are.”
We liked what they’re about so we’re highlighting them today and we donated too. Here’s where you can learn more.
That’s it for this edition. Have a great rest of the week and Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there!