Top o’ the morning to ye! Hope your day is filled with all kinds of good luck! For now, here are the articles that caught my attention over the last week or so:

  • We’re definitely rocking our Zoomraderie sessions, where we are all on Zoom together but continue working, so it’s not a meeting, but we try to simulate working together in a conference room. We talk while we work, we take breaks to chat casually as we would in an office. It’s helping us to feel more connected, so we got excited when we heard about Teamflow, which takes this all a lot further. Each person has an avatar and it focuses on audio rather than video. Shout out to Jess Perry for posting about this on LinkedIn. We’ll report back on our experiences in a later issue. If you decide to check it out, please let us know what you think.
  • Whatever you’re feeling about getting the Covid-19 vaccine are, you’re not alone. Via this article from Fast Company: “According to Pew Research in December 2020, 60% of people polled said they would likely get vaccinated, still leaving 40% of Americans to be convinced.” And “The Ad Council’s data told it that 30% of Americans definitely planned to be vaccinated, 20% were absolutely not getting it, and 50% categorized their approach as “wait and see.” This data prompted the Ad Council to create ads targeting that last group. You can read about it all here.
  • VC favorites for 2021. What do you think of this list? What companies do you have your eye on, and why?

Do Good Spotlight on a Fav: No Kid Hungry

We couldn’t help donating to one of our go-to not-for profits when we saw Kellogg’s Frosted Mini Wheats is matching dollar for dollar up to $100,000 in donations today. We love how committed No Kid Hungry is to taking an expansive view of its mission to keep kids fed and supported. We donated here and you can too.

Thanks for reading, and we hope you have a wonderful day!

Share with your network...

Published On: 03/17/2021 / Categories: Owlthena What's Hot Wednesday / Tags: /

Leading teams is hard work.

Get links to news and insights our CEO, Niki Fielding, thinks you’ll enjoy, along with commentary, spotlights on innovative companies, and suggestions for not-for-profits that deserve extra love – delivered to your inbox every Thursday. Subscribe to Niki’s Notes for Compassionate Workplaces!

* indicates required

View our Privacy Policy here.