Top o’ the morning to ye! Here’s to lots of 4-leaf clovers in your day. And here’s what’s on the minds of the DBE team this week:
- We’re definitely rocking our Zoomraderie sessions, where we are all on Zoom together but continue working, so it’s not a meeting, but we try to simulate working together in a conference room. We talk while we work, we take breaks to chat casually as we would in an office. It’s helping us to feel more connected, so we got excited when we heard about Teamflow, which takes this all a lot further. Each person has an avatar and it focuses on audio rather than video. Shout out to Jess Perry for posting about this on LinkedIn. We’ll report back on our experiences in a later issue. If you decide to check it out, please let us know what you think.
- From Guarav Belani for Search Engine Watch, this one-page checklist for on-page SEO best practices. Chock full of good reminders.
- The CMO Survey is a great resource for seeing the trends top marketers are seeing across a wide swath of industries. Data is broken out between B2B Product, B2B Services, B2C Product, and B2C Services to help provide context for your company/brand. This quarter’s report includes findings relative to COVID-19, including how digital marketing spend increased 11.5% on average with the B2B Services sector showing the highest growth at 15.6% and Pharma/Biotech showing the highest industry sector growth at 36.3%.
- Over the years, video has been the content darling, while audio has been tapping their foot in the corner. However, 2021 looks to be the year of audio innovation. Spotify recently launched its new audio advertising marketplace called the Spotify Audience Network, which gives marketers the ability to reach and target listeners at scale. This growing ecosystem provides a golden opportunity for brands to reach audiences in new ways. Here’s the scoop from TechCrunch.
- Yes, we’re still talking about this: Google’s announcement of phasing out third-party cookies and not replacing them with alternative identifiers has shaken the digital advertising industry. Learn more about how experts believe this change will affect the industry in this Media Post article.
- We’ve all used Moz data to help gauge how our site compares with competitors, but who here can clearly explain “domain authority” to your audience. If you’re not jumping out of your seat with your hand raised right now, consider this.
- Whaaaat? Trends about trends? This from Search Engine Land showcases trends in reporting on PPC and Analytics. Get your fancy boots on and read it here.
Do Good Spotlight on a Fav: No Kid Hungry
We couldn’t help donating to one of our go-to not-for profits when we saw Kellogg’s Frosted Mini Wheats is matching dollar for dollar up to $100,000 in donations today. We love how committed No Kid Hungry is to taking an expansive view of its mission to keep kids fed and supported. We donated here and you can too.
Thanks for reading, and we hope you have a wonderful day.