Do you have your marketing lens on? Good, because we have great perspectives to share from the wonderful work of digital marketing and we want to make sure you’re ready. Let’s go:
- Google may be removing the third-party cookie (albeit not until 2023!) but if you think that’s going to put a hurt on their ad business model, think again. This Search Engine Watch article explains that Google’s first-party data bank is huge due to its: 246 million unique users in the US; 1.9 billion active users on YouTube each month; 1 billion Google Photos active users; etc. Plus, their solution to respect user privacy is to develop a Privacy Sandbox that will help them move towards being able to offer “Lookalike audiences” for profiling a la Facebook.
- The digital privacy regulatory landscape is changing rapidly. You blink and something else flips! Facebook is on the verge updating their policies to coincide with the movement. See more in their new release.
- Retailers are droning up business and the number of commercial drone delivery units are expected to reach 70,000 by 2023. But still no jet packs…
- This is an interesting piece by Rob Engelsman in his “The Other 90” publication. He talks about commerce driven social platforms, sameness, and go-to talking points. It’s an interesting read for a leading social media mind.
DBE’s Go Good Spotlight is on: Women for Women International
World organizations are rushing to help the people of Afghanistan as the conflict continues to unfold. Caught in the turmoil are women whose lives are much less in their own control there than in other parts of the world. DBE was moved by their stories and made donation this week to Women for Women International, prompted in part by Chief’s support of this organization. You can help too. Learn more and if you’re moved to, please donate here.
- Think With Google has this guest post from HubSpot on “How to optimize website landing pages for lead generation.” It’s a quick read and, while the tips may not be new to you, it’s a good reminder on why a well-crafted landing page makes for better user experiences and conversions than your typical default home page.
- Amazon is one of the largest eCommerce platforms in the world, so it’s no surprise that they are also one of the most powerful advertising systems. Not only does Amazon receive over 2.7 billion visits each day, these users are visiting the site with the intent to purchase, making Amazon great real estate for advertisers. This year, Amazon has been expanding their advertising features into video ads, more personalization options for ads, and enhanced mobile tools.
- This piece for Search Engine Land by Carolyn Lyden talks about 3 PPC targeting tactics that power every stage of the funnel. Good stuff so we’re sharing.
That’s it for this week. The DBE team and I hope your summer is wrapping up nicely and that you are all set for back-to-school, pumpkin spice, beautiful leaves, and crisp, cool weather. Please remember we’re always looking for great organizations doing good in the world, so if you have a not-for-profit you love that deserves a shout out, let us know.
Stay well, stay strong, stay focused!