How are you doing? There’s a lot going on out there, and probably a lot going on in your own sphere too. Try to keep your focus on the things you can influence, and if there are a lot of those, maybe focus on one or two at a time. It doesn’t look like the world is going to get easier anytime soon, and you owe it to yourself and the people in your sphere to stay optimized.
Here are a few pieces that helped me, inspired me, made me wonder, or all three:
- There are all kinds of creative and Fast Company’s 2021 list of the most creative takes that to new heights. How can you not be inspired by these folks? Here’s the full list.
- Paywalls are increasing. What will they mean for access to information and hearing beyond the echo chamber?
- Speaking of paywalls, try to Google the title in the link if you don’t have a subscription to see if you can get to it as a freebie. This is a fascinating read from The Wall Street Journal about professionals who have two full-time jobs but no one at either company they work for knows about the other. Sleazy in some cases, where they’re not actually working much for either company, deserving of a major hat tip where they pull it off and everyone wins. Most cases are in between, but I couldn’t stop reading so I had to share:
- Do business leaders distort the truth? When? How? Is it okay? Is it expected? This Harvard Business Review piece does a great job of pulling the threads to those questions: (Again, if you don’t have a subscription, try Googling the title and “Harvard Business Review” to try for a freebie view of the article.)
- This article by Marcel Schwantes for Inc. says there are 3 ways to tell if you’re a better leader than you may think. How’d you do?
Do Good Spotlight on: Doctors Without Borders
Since 1971, Doctors Without Borders brings medical aid where it’s needed most. It is an independent, neutral, impartial organization whose mission is simple: save lives. Since it’s founding, DWB has treated tens of millions of people. We are proud to feature this organization this week and donated too. Here’s where you can learn more and explore ways to support them.
Oh! I recently was accepted into Chief. I’ll let you know how it goes but according to the members I know, it’s phenomenal. Looking forward to it! In the meantime, stay well, stay strong, stay focused!