It’s that time of year again! School is back in session and it’s a great time to reflect on how your marketing for 2021 is progressing and what changes you can make to end the year hitting—and surpassing–your goals.
It’s also planning season with 2022 just around the corner. Here are the stories the DBE team wants me to share with you as September hits its stride:
- For those of you in organizations of 200+ employees, ClickZ is hosting an all-day event on October 27 for senior marketers with guest speakers, panel discussions, and interactive workshops we thought you might be interested in. Senior-level speakers are from Lego, GE, Pfizer, Salesforce, Nestle, Duke University, and more.
Here’s a link to learn more.
- Other platforms sometimes feel like Jan Brady, but instead of “Marcia, Marcia, Marcia” it’s “Google, Google, Google.” Well, this article from Search Engine Land talks about other search engine advertising options you may want to consider.
- Muck Rack did a survey of PR communications professionals and Marketing Charts captures the top skills for future PR success. Strategic Planning (88%) is 1st and Social Media (77%) is 3rd. Is Influencer Marketing waning? Read the results and let us know what you think.
- What are “grandfluencers” and how can they help your social media impact?
- Speaking of influencers, Search Engine Watch has a post on how they might be tapped to generate positive user signals that could, in turn, influence SEO rankings. It’s written by the CEO of Intellifluence that does influencer marketing (as you may have guessed) so it should be read with a large grain of salt. Still, this concept reinforces the power of leveraging social media for user signals for SEO benefit as DBE pioneered years ago.
- Anthropologist, Grant McCracken, in an interview with Debbie Millman, states that designers create and interpret culture. These print ad designers brought inspiration and creativity to the corporate world. Check out their amazing work.
- This forecast makes sense to us based on the successes we’ve had for our clients using LinkedIn ads, how about you?
- This month, Google is going to introduce a new, strike-based system against advertisers who repeatedly violate Google Ads policies. Our clients don’t need to worry—we’ve got you covered—but it’s a good idea to take a few minutes to understand the policy and what’s at stake.
Do Good Spotlight on: Kids in Need Foundation
Kids in Need Foundation (KINF) believes education is the gateway to empowering students to reach their full potential. Since 1995, they’ve provided the school supplies and learning resources needed to help kids in need and their teachers. KINF is the only national nonprofit to focus its efforts on the country’s most underserved schools, those with an enrollment of 70% or more participating in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
We learned a lot about KINF this week and donated to help stock classrooms and fill back-packs. You can help too, find out how here.
Thanks for reading—we hope this issue was helpful. Please remember to point us to not-for-profits to feature—and donate to, we’re always on the lookout for great organizations that deserve shout outs and support. Enjoy the rest of the week!