Happy Groundhog Day! There’s a lot of déjà vu going on these days, hopefully you’ve got some good things to look forward to as the month moves ahead!
Here are the stories the DBE team wanted to make sure I shared with you this week:
- The Inturnship is the first creative agency that puts interns in the driver’s seat. By pairing intern teams with industry mentors, they create agency-quality work for a fraction of traditional costs. In 2021, they helped over a dozen clients with branding, website, social, and strategy, while guiding 88% of interns into their first full-time jobs. Check out their latest work here, as well as what their own social team is up to here. If your company is looking to help build tomorrow’s industry leaders, or in need of some affordable support for a project, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell him you learned about his cool company here.
- You know how dogs are said to have the understanding of a 2-year-old human? Well, many of us imagine search engine understanding is similar. I have to meticulously explain my term or else the search engine won’t get it. That’s true to some extent, but not to the extent you may think. Learn about search engine understanding and the focus switch from keywords to entities.
- Marketing Charts shares data on ecommerce checkout KPIs by mobile vs. desktop. Interestingly. checkout starts on mobile are 55% but mobile checkout completes are under 50%. This reinforces both the importance of mobile-friendly websites as well as the need for cross-device assisted conversion tracking.
Do Good Spotlight on: The ASPCA
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (ASPCA®) was the first humane society to be established in North America and is, today, one of the largest in the world. It was founded on the belief that animals are entitled to kind and respectful treatment at the hands of humans and must be protected under the law. We learned what the ASPCA has been up to and the many programs in place to provide support to animals and we hope you take a few minutes this Groundhog Day to learn more as well. We made a cash donation but there are many ways to support them, including adopting pets.
- Which industry employees are more likely to click on email phishing scams? The top 3 are education, finance & insurance, and information technology – all with click rates over 25%. C’mon IT, really?!
- 5 strategies for online success in 2022.
That’s it for this Wednesday. Have a wonderful rest of the week and enjoy the football-less weekend.