Good info to share coming to you from the DBE team, so let’s jump right in:
- A little reminder that starting June 30 advertisers will no longer be able to make or edit ETAs (extended text ads) and will be able to create only RSAs (responsive search ads). So here’s an article of what you need to know.
- Marketers reported Meta (aka Facebook) bug was turning off Facebook ads randomly this past week. It’s actually something we’ve been seeing on multiple accounts for the past few weeks. If you’re a DBE client, not to worry as we’re checking all your paid accounts on a daily basis to be sure they are running as planned and fixing any issues we see in real time. If you’re not a DBE client, be sure your internal team and/or third-party team are doing the same for you.
- Marketing Charts has an interesting graphic as “Advertisers Rate Their Most Effective Media Types Across Upper- and Lower-Funnel Goals.” It’s a solid reminder of the importance of having an integrated mix of channels if your brand has multiple goals across the customer journey. No surprise to us but note how marketers rate paid search and paid social as highly-effective channels for the lower-funnel goals of improving consideration/buying intention and increasing sales.
- Elon Musk has stirred the Twitter pot. See what he’s recommending from his prime shareholder seat.
- Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) have entered the mainstream, and here are the numbers to prove it.
Do Good Spotlight on: Charity Water
With 771 million people lacking basic access to clean and safe drinking water, Charity Water is on a mission. They believe sustainable work is locally-led. Along with implementing community-owned water projects, they work with local partners to help facilitate comprehensive water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) programs to protect everyone’s long-term health. We’ve been supporting them for years and thought it was time for another shout out–and donation. Here’s where you can learn more about this truly top-notch not for profit.
- When evaluating the performance of your marketing against goals, how do incrementality and attribution compare? Not at all says Avinash Kaushik in this recent post in his popular Occam’s Razor.
- Are you Canva fans too? If yes, you may enjoy this feature from Fast Company. Not a fan yet? This article may turn you.
Okay, that’s it for this week. Here’s to smooth sailing for the rest of the week and an awesome weekend!