Let’s start with the $44 billion news:
- No doubt you’ve heard about Elon Musk’s deal to take over Twitter and there’s a lot of speculation about what it means for the platform moving forward. Here’s a take on how Twitter employees were left largely in the dark about what the sale will mean for them – and their shares.
- Guess which two digital platforms are raking in a whopping 5% of digital ad spend this year? Hint: these apps will have you shufflin’ along with their magnetic, energetic content.
- Search Engine Land reports “Google tests big changes to featured snippets.” Note the plural in “snippets” as this test could spell the end to the singular featured snippet that SEO-ers have coveted as “position zero” on the search engine results page.
- Microsoft is extending their RSA (Responsive Search Ads) migration by 60 days. Here’s more you need to know:
PS: Google Ads deadline for RSA migration is still June 30th.
- “Email marketing trends in 2022” are covered in this article from Econsultancy. It includes interesting thoughts on design elements like the use of dark mode, emojis, and gifs. Other trend areas include privacy, content personalization, and process.
Do Good Spotlight on: Friends of the Delaware Canal
As the weather turns warmer, we turn our spotlight on the Friends of the Delaware Canal. The FODC is an independent, non-profit organization working to restore, preserve, and improve the Delaware Canal and its surroundings. Its primary goals are to ensure the Canal is fully-watered from Easton to Bristol and the towpath trail is usable over its entire 60 length by walkers, hikers, bikers, boaters, fishers, birders, etc. Check out the trails and news of special events/activities here.
That’s a wrap for April. Look forward to the May flowers on their way…