Alright, alright, alright. We’ve got a jam-packed edition for all you curious readers out there. Ready? Let’s go!
- When are we not talking about TikTok and Gen Z these days? 📱🎵 This article helps make sense of it all. Gen Z seeks discoverability, interactivity, and authenticity. TikTok cracked that code to give just what was needed after a time of social disconnectedness and disingenuousness.
- Google Analytics 4 just added 12 new ecommerce metrics and dimensions. As if the sunsetting of Universal Analytics wasn’t enough to make the switch to GA4.
- On another social note, data.ai released a full report on the “State of Mobile 2023”. Social Media Today does a great job with the wrap-up. Some highlights below:
- BeReal takes the cake for rookie app of the year with downloads reaching “5.3 million in August 2022.”
- Instagram, WhatApp, Snapchat, and TikTok dominated the most downloaded app category in most regions.
- Time spent on socials hiked up over 2 TRILLION hours in 2022.
- What is wrong with this picture from Marketing Charts of B2B ABM Marketers self-assessments of competency in critical tactical skills? 🤔 Could it be that they are most proficient at “Campaign planning and execution” and least proficient at “Data and analytics for ABM”?
Do Good Spotlight
🌟 Solar Cookers International 🌟
You may be wondering… what are solar cookers? This charity’s name immediately got my attention because of it. According to their website, “3 in 7 people lack sustainable fuel to cook meals and make water safe to drink. So, Solar Cookers International provides cookers that use the power of the sun to purify water and cook food. To learn how you can help (and see what solar cookers look like), visit their website: Solar Cookers International.
- Here are some PPC marketing trends to note for 2023. Our paid search team thinks number 3 is the most important one, since we’ve seen great performance with Bing.
- Another day, (yet) another lawsuit for Meta, Alphabet, and other social media giants. Seattle schools “allege that “misconduct” by the Big Tech firms has been a large factor in the youth mental health crisis. Opinions are split. My question: how a lawsuit can aid in fixing a cultural issue. Stay on top of the news here.
- Econsultancy offers an ICYMI compilation of recent articles with experts’ takes on digital marketing innovation and trends to watch for in 2023. Topics range from Personalization to Search and SEO to Social Advertising and more. Check it out, y’all!
That’s it for this week. Happy Wednesday!
What’s cooler than being cool? 🧊
Sending your friends this newsletter’s signup link!