Good morning ☀
It’s that time of week again. We’re eager to share the latest digital marketing tea…. Hope you’re ready because it’s here, and it’s piping hot! ☕
- POP-UP. FLASH SALE. NEWSLETTER SIGNUP. All these pop-ups on your landing pages may get you flagged with Google’s new destination requirements policy. Get more insight in the WordStream article
- Long ago. The Wayback Machine was enacted to chronicle the internet in 1996. During the pandemic, they expanded that service to become a “National Emergency Library”. Now, book sellers are suing the Internet Archive for mass copyright infringement much like musicians sued Napster. If the suits are successful, we could be saying farewell to the Wayback Machine, too.
- Sometimes we need a new way to look at concepts (especially ones we think we know). When it comes to return on ad spend (ROAS), we all want to make sure we’re correctly utilizing the marketing budget. View ROAS in a new light in this article.
- 🔥 Hot Tips from DBE 🔥 Are you a digital marketing nut? Are you a fiend when it comes to ancient mythology? We put them together in this fun blog post for you.
Do Good Spotlight
🌟 The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children 🌟
Since 1984, The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) has worked ceaselessly to help reunite families when children are separated from their families. They work with law enforcement to help find missing children, reduce child exploitation, and prevent child victimization. We’ve supported them for years and invite you to learn more here: https://www.missingkids.org/HOME
- The Status of SEO 🔎
- Search Engine Watch offers “An SEO strategy flywheel to win leadership buy-in and drive results.” In essence, it follows the same approach DBE uses, but it also includes discussion of “confident humility” as defined by Adam Grant. He says it’s” the sweet spot in the axes of confidence and competence.”
- One of our potential clients recently asked us how long SEO takes. Our rule-of-thumb response is 4-6 months for significant improvements, though dynamic sites (sites with lots of content changes, think news, and e-commerce) can start to see results much faster. Google the question and you’ll see the same response in the results. Dig a little further and you’ll find the results of a recent survey of 75 SEO experts in this from Morningscore.
- The full switch to GA4 is right around the bend! Dana DiTomaso breaks down the 4 simple things you need to know, including how all hits are “events” and that “engagement rate” is not the opposite of bounce rate. Definitely a good, straight-forward read.
Wishing you a happy Wednesday! If you’re in the mood for a chuckle, check out these Wednesday memes.
Farewell friends – until next time!
Congrats for making it to the bottom of this newsletter! 🥳
You must have really liked it!
Hey, you know what? (What, Natalie?)
You should tell your friends about us!
Send them this signup link!