We made it past the Groundhog, the Super Bowl, and Cupid’s fun. So much to celebrate in February. Next up, SPRING!
Here are the stories I want to share with you this week:
- What are the 4 “highly coveted” skills that set introverts apart? According to neuroscientist Friederike Fabritius, MS? Here’s 1: Introverts think more. For the other 3, and a list of how to optimize your workplace to leverage the introverts in your organization, check out this CNBC feature.
- Goals! I cannot, for the life of me, take naps. Well, according to this piece from Inc., it’s because it’s not easy for everyone, it takes practice. Okay, so if you want to nap better to get all the advantages nap advocates—and science—proclaim, start with the 30-90 rule.
We have two not-for-profits to spotlight this Valentine’s Day week, extra love going out to:
Do Good Spotlight #1
🌟 Doctors Without Borders 🌟
We are heartbroken to hear about the victims in Syria and Turkey. In response, we have donated to Doctors Without Borders to help them provide care, resources, and other support to the people affected by the earthquake. Please consider donating: Doctors Without Borders.
Do Good Spotlight #2
🌟 It Gets Better Project 🌟
As our second charity, in honor of Valentine’s Day, we’re celebrating love. The It Gets Better Project works to “uplift, empower, and connect lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) youth around the globe.” You may have heard about them through their TikTok campaigns, especially their “50 States. 50 Grants. 5000 Voices.” initiative where they give students money to improve LGBTQ+ youth programs in their schools. Check them out, and learn more: It Gets Better Project.
- So, sadly, the grass wasn’t always greener. In many cases–80% according to a study by Paychex, reported by CNBC–workers who quit during the “great resignation” are regretting it. A key finding is that people who changed industries when they resigned regret their decision 25% more than people who resigned but stayed in the same industry. Here’s a quote from the article:
“Despite satisfaction with mental health and work-life balance influencing many resignations, only about half of respondents from our survey said they are satisfied with their mental health (54%) and work-life balance (43%) in their new workplace. Unfortunately, Gen Zers reported the lowest levels of positive mental health and work-life balance.” This is scary to me. Mental health issues are everywhere. Teens, older people, Gen Z’s. Parents. Sandwich generations. What I’d like to say today is, please, don’t assume everything is okay with your home/work people. Check in with them. Check in with yourself. Now, more than ever, let’s ask people how they’re doing and wait for the real answers. It’s not all doom and gloom, but people are truly struggling, and asking for help still is not easy for many.”
Business leaders, did you know you can provide ID theft protection for your employees and their families as well as for your organizations? Cost effectively?
Defend-ID provides monitoring, insurance against loss, and recovering. It’s a great service that gives businesses and their employees peace of mind and saves businesses time when recovering from ID theft. Here’s where you can learn more. And feel free to reach out to Brian Thompson email@example.com directly. You can learn more about him here. Tell him Niki sent you.
- You can manage perfectionists (or your perfectionist self) better when you understand them. Did you know there are 5 kinds? There’s a 7-question quiz to help identify/self-identify the Intense, Classic, Parisian, Procrastinator, and Messy perfectionists. Oh what fun! Via NPR’s Instagram account.
- Eleanor Hawkins of Axios Communications, writing for Axios, states America’s CEOs have gone silent on national tragedies, and she’s sharing her thoughts on why.
Lots of good info here, I hope. Please consider donating to our featured not for profits and check out Defend-ID for some peace of mind. If you know of Noteworthy companies, tell me about them. You know I’m always looking for solid not for profits to shine a spotlight on too.
Thanks for reading, I hope the rest of your week is productive and enjoyable.