Did you have a good weekend, and are you looking forward to the next one? Hope both answers are affirmative. To keep your 360°-self humming along, here are a few pieces that created new thoughts for me and I hope they do the same for you:
- This story from Business Insider has disturbed me disproportionately. It’s about someone who has two full-time jobs and is scamming both employers. I’m not against the practice in theory—if someone can produce fairly for both employers and there’s no conflict of interest between the two, go for it. But this story talks about the dark side that others have complained about: this person is not managing two jobs well for a win/win/win, he’s scamming his employers, doing less than he’s capable of (not just from a time but from a competence level), and he’s dragging others down with his feigned ineptitude. Nothing gets better if we’re all not working for the same goals.
- Did you know Ryan Reynolds is a super savvy entrepreneur? I didn’t but this Instagram post filled me in.
- What’s the age when you stop feeling young? Sure, it’s going to vary by person, but here’s an average, and it’s 42.
- Reid Blackman says we need to get comfortable talking about ethics again and uses the challenges companies are facing with AI as the foundation for the framework he provides in this thinky piece for Harvard Business Review. Grab a fresh cup of coffee and let your mind soak this in.
- Came across this Super Soul Sunday podcast from 2018 with Daniel H. Pink talking with Oprah Winfrey about key points from his book, A Whole New Mind. Loved the conversations around what happens when we turn 60 and how MFA degrees are going to be super valued as right-brained skills become more valued by society and business.
Do Good Spotlight
🌟 One Tree Planted 🌟
Did you know we donate to the organizations we feature here? If you have a not-for-profit that could use some extra love, let us know.
This week’s featured do-gooder is One Tree Planted. Yes, they plant trees. They are a global organization focused on reforestation in North America, Latin America, Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Pacific. Every dollar is one tree planted. Check them out: One Tree Planted.
- You know how sometimes you see a short list of tips, like 4 ways to make yourself more productive at work, and you want to skip reading it, but you take a chance, and actually the simplicity of the tips make you say, you know, I could do a better job with #x? Me too, so here’s a list of 4 tips on productivity from Inc.
- Are you lucky? Me too! Recently I learned there are 4 types of luck coming our way, check ‘em out.
Hope you liked this issue. I had fun pulling it together for you. Have a great rest of the week and weekend too!