Here are a few articles that caught my attention to share with you as a way to take a break from your business-day action:
- Ha! We weren’t ready to start talking business yet! This one’s for the more personal side of you: For the first time in 17 years Rolling Stone has compiled a list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. Let the debating begin!
Okay, now we’re ready to talk business leadership:
- You’re by now familiar with “the great resignation” as millions of Americans rethink their career choices Lots of conversations are happening around wages, work from home, and other aspects of work, and this article for Inc. from Jessica Stillman has a different spin, especially important to note for younger workers. “Career transparency” helps them see the opportunities in your company, even when traditional promotions aren’t an option. Good read and sharp ideas designed to help you keep the good ones longer.
- What does a great data experience look like for you? Here’s what other leaders are saying.
Do Good Spotlight on: Bayard Rustin Center for Social Justice
The Bayard Rustin Center for Social Justice is a lot of good all rolled into one for members of various communities but especially providing support to the LGBTQIA, BIPOC, and immigrant communities. Educational center, safe space, community engagement are just a few of the ways The Bayard Rustin center supports kids, families, schools, and the Princeton area. We donated to help them find and build out a new physical HQ since the one they used in Princeton, NJ is no longer available. There’s a lot going on with very limited resources, so if you can help, please do.
- This year’s Gallup Poll results on American’s trust in the media has hit an all-time low, with only 36% saying that have either “a great deal” or even a “fair amount” of trust in mass media. What can the media and other institutions do to rebuild trust?
- This Harvard Business Review podcast is about rethinking mental health and work. Fascinating topics and guests, I’ve added it to my subscribed to list, here’s where you can check it out.
I hope this issue was helpful to you. Reach out if you’d like to catch up. For now, stay well, stay strong, and stay focused. People are counting on you!