Rabbit rabbit! First thing to say on the first of the month—I’ve heard it brings good luck….
It’s that time of the week again. Do you tend to read these when they come into your inbox in the morning or do you read them later in the day…or the next day…or over the weekend? I’m curious, please share if you get a chance.
Do Good Spotlight
🌟 The Nature Conservancy 🌟
The Nature Conservancy is a global environmental nonprofit creating a world where people and nature thrive. Founded in the U.S. through grassroots action in 1951, The Nature Conservancy (TNC) has become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. DBE donated to support this high-rated not for profit, and we encourage you to take a look to see if you’d like to support them too: https://www.nature.org/en-us/
- Hearing good things About AboveBoard from executives looking for new opportunities, sharing with you as potential good way to recruit for your company too.
- What do Gen Z and Gen X team members have in common? Lots, including not wanting the “work ‘til you drop” ethic of Boomers and what Millennials call “hustle and grind.” Two generations meet on the importance of work/life flow and the importance of work with meaning here.
- Still a Jersey girl according to these state stats on favorite cocktails, not sure how piña colada got on the list but other than that, works for me. Other fun stats too, cheers!
Noting for You 🖋
Down the Road Productions
Down the Road Productions is a video company I met recently through the networking group, The Connective. They’re based in Ohio with their owner fresh from years of top-tier work in NYC. I like their approach to working with clients and their ability to storytell via video as unique as each brand they feature. If you’re looking for a video partner, check them out at www.DTRP.co and you can learn more about owner/director/producer, Andrew Anthony.
- Are you familiar with William MacAskill and his philosophies? This piece from The New Yorker brings you there with lots of room to think about the pros and cons of his mindset and movement.
- Is your industry affected by “right to repair” restrictions? Battles bubbling up on this topic, check it out via Wired.
I hope you enjoy the long weekend and that September is a good month for you and your team. Stay strong, stay focused, and keep grateful—it’s very healthy.