Fun fact: it’s Buzzards Day! Did you know that this bird returns from migration at the same time every year? It’s a popular tradition to watch for the bird in Ohio! It’s fascinating how nature has its own way of keeping time like we do a calendar… Anyway, here’s the latest in digital marketing flying your way! 🦅
- YouTube overlay ads are being underlayed. Creators are rejoicing at the chance to earn revenue from other, more profitable ad placements. This will also mean more competition for advertisers….
- TikTok is launching *drumroll 🥁* search ads! Advertisers will be able to bid on keywords along with interests, demographics, and behaviors. We’re keeping our eyes peeled to see how TikTok will be competitive against the Google search behemoth.
- Another day, another verification step. Google Ads is requiring one or two more verification processes for users. Gradually, certain accounts are getting pinged to provide basic information and identity to comply. See more.
- What makes a person think more sustainably? Documentaries? News articles? Good guesses, but it’s influencers. A study by Unilever with the Behavioral Insights Team (BIT) found that influencers were rated as impactful in helping consumers make sustainable choices by 78% of respondents. Here’s the lowdown.
Do Good Spotlight
🌟 Generation Hope 🌟
Becoming a parent at any age is a huge lifestyle change. For student parents, the stress of this transition can be amplified. Generation Hope supports teen parents and their children as they pursue their education. The charity provides families with custom assistance, so they are empowered to create the best futures for themselves. See how they are making a difference: Generation Hope.
- 🎶 Good day, sunshine… Good day, Bluesky? 🟦 Twitter co-founder and former CEO, Jack Dorsey, just backed invite-only platform Bluesky as a Twitter alternative. The platform is designed to test and develop technology for “open and decentralized public conversation.”
- SEM Rush wrote an awesome one-pager on SEO content writing tips!
That’s all I got for this week, but don’t worry, I’ll be back next week for more marketing fun! Wishing you a productive rest of your week.
Owl let you know that you have impeckable taste in newsletters.
It’d be a hoot if you shared us with your flock – send them this signup link!