I don’t know about you, but April was beyond busy! Everyone in my friend circles agreed. It’s a new month though, so let’s wipe the slate. Take moments of pause when you need it. There’s wayyy too many studies proving breaks are healthy for you (including this one from the American Psychological Association). This is your opportunity to make sure you’re getting the mental, physical, physiological reprieves you need to keep being the best you possible.
Okay, now to the nitty gritty in digital marketing!
- “If SEO vs. PPC was a monster film (ala Godzilla vs. Mothra), we would have already had a ton of sequels but with no real plot twists.” ~ Marc Engelsman
You can read the pros and cons for each OR you can fast-forward yourself to the happy ending that (spoiler alert!) SEO and PPC are better together in your marketing plan.
- Brendon Kraham, Google’s VP of search and commerce, discusses “How AI is helping marketers” and how Google Ads is using it. Of course, our readers need to read this with a critical eye as the examples he provides for using “broad match” and “Performance Max” settings cede more and more control to the machine. But we thought it is still worth your time to see Google’s perspective.
- Patagonia’s founder, Yvon Chouinard, has some interesting viewpoints on growth and sustainability in today’s complex corporate environment (pun intended 🌍). Learn how business doesn’t have to be bad for the earth in this McKinsey interview.
Do Good Spotlight
🌟 Dress for Success 🌟
Since 1997, Dress for Success has been empowering women toward self-sufficiency by providing a network of support, professional attire, and development tools. This not-for-profit has chapters in communities across the globe and has helped over 1.3 million women. Learn about this organization and find ways to get involved: Dress for Success.
- As competitors ramp up to become Twitter alternatives, they’re running into a few snags. Challenges like the complexity of decentralization for some users are at the top of the list.
- Hey, are you looking for some positive, cool, science news. (I’m sure you are.) Sooo, check out this volcanic microbe that is very hungry for CO2. It’s a potential solution to the over-abundance of carbon in the atmosphere!
Hope you have a shimmery, beautiful spring month. Remember to slow down when you need it.
It’s the third of the month, and do you know what that means?
Time for you to invite your friends to join our club!