You’re tuning in to DBE Channel Digital Marketing News. I’m your host, Natalie, and we’ve got stories to shock, awe, and make you think. Here’s the 4-1-1:
- Meta’s jumping on a bandwagon trend (that we’re not sure works yet). Meta is testing a subscription verification service for Instagram and Facebook. If the verification check mark increases account reach, what will that mean for boosted posts? For ads? We’ll have to see…
- B2B is ch-ch-ch-ch-changin’ 🎶
- Buying power is shifting between generations. King Data’s reign is becoming ever more expansive. Ecommerce is the fast-growing channel. See more trends here.
- For B2B marketers: The Martech marketing automation buyer’s guide can help define the scope of marketing automation platforms (MAPs). The list of MAP categories is far more wide-ranging than you would think. (You may be already using some of them without thinking of them as marketing automation.)
- SEO is still not dead yet, in spite of recent AI developments. This Search Engine Land article encapsulates the potential of AI for SEO’s future but couples the advantages with reasons why human input remains a vital and needed component for SEO success.
- We’ve been keeping a close eye on Google’s Performance Max (Pmax for short). 👀 They’re offering some new updates including brand exclusions, page feeds, and easier video creation. Check it out on Search Engine Journal.
Do Good Spotlight
🌟 JDRF 🌟
Their vision: a world without type 1 diabetes (T1D). JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research and has been actively searching for a cure since 1970. In addition to research, they offer many resources to those affected by the disease. See how you can help: JDRF.
- 🤖 There a few things robots can’t take away from us. One of them is the power of personality. ChatGPT may be able to (almost) write like a pro, but part of the joy of reading is an author’s flavor of word-choice and solely unique world view. Ann Handley’s playful piece reminds us of the potency of human writing.
- Looking to expand beyond Google? Check out these alternatives for analytics and search engines!
Just some thoughts… 💭
Wellness and well-being are integral values in healthy organizations. However, I feel we live in a “fix it when it breaks” culture. What if we, instead, focused on preventing breaks in the first place? The proposal: let’s bring mindfulness into the workplace.
- Microsoft’s got moves. Insider Intelligence notes 5 advertising moves in particular. See how they’re making strides against competitors.
Wishing you the best as we march into this windy month!
Hurry – you gotta send them this signup link!